Ormond School Council plays a key role in the school. Its helps develop a vision for the school in collaboration with all members of the school community and is actively involved in the development and endorsement of the School Strategic Plan.
Our School Council consists of 14 representatives including the school principal.There are 8 elected parent members and 4 DET employees, and one Parents & Friends liaison nominee.
Much of the School Council’s work is organised through the four active sub-committees:
- Finance & Trading Operations
- Facilities, Environment & Major Projects
- Education & Policy
- Parents & Friends
The School Council and its sub-committees worked enthusiastically to develop key strategies and action plans for each group to focus on.When developing these plans the following guiding principles are adhered to:
- ‘It’s all about the children’
- The overarching goal for School Council is about improving student achievement for all students – not some, but all
- Every decision or action must be guided by the health & welfare needs of the students
School Council 2019
Sub Committee Council Members
Finance & Trading Operations
Kerri McLeod, Lorrie Dell, Damien Sherman
Facilities, Environment & Major Projects
Kerri McLeod, Ben Clark, Kylie Cockle, Ben Jenkinson
Education & Policy
Lorrie Dell (Convenor), Sally Berryman, Kit Vati
Kit Vati (Convenor), Kerri McLeod
Kerri McLeod, Lorrie Dell, Sally Berryman
Parents and Friends Convenor
Parents & Friends
The Ormond Primary School Parents & Friends is an open group of enthusiastic volunteer parents who work with the school leadership and teachers to add to the quality of school life for the children and the school community.
Our key goals are as follows:
- To assist in building the participation of parents in the life of the school
- To provide an informal forum for discussion of educational and school issues
- To support the work of School Council
- To assist in fundraising
Parents & Friends regularly organise events and activities for both the parents and the children.
Parents & Friends meets regularly and operates as a sub-committee of the School Council.
Membership is open to all parents of Ormond students.
Before and After School Care
Ormond Primary School offer a Before and After School Care Program and a Holiday Program as well as Curriculum Day Care. These programs are provided in our school hall and grounds where children participate and enjoy a variety of creative as well as outdoor activities.
This service is available to Ormond Primary School children only. If your child does not attend Ormond Primary School, please contact the program on 9578 5826 before completing any forms.
For further information please click on the link or contact our Out of School Hours Co-ordinator, April Kopitz on 9578 5826.
Compass is a web-based School Management System which allows the school to efficiently deliver communication to parents. It allows parents to access the most up-to-date information about our school, events and activities, your child’s progress and any urgent news the school needs to send to parents.
Compass includes many different features, including the ability to:
• Monitor your child’s attendance, and enter an explanation for absence or lateness
• Communicate with your child’s teachers, and update your family contact details (please also notify the office of such changes)
• Download and view your child’s progress and semester reports
• Book parent-teacher conferences
• Pay and provide consent for events and school fees
Compass is accessible on any modern web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) or by using the Compass iOS or Android apps. Search for ‘Compass School Manager’ in the store.
Every family receives a separate login to Compass which will be provided to you by our school.
The Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority ensures that all Victorian schools meets student safety and organisational requirements.